Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create an announcement, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Another task that is reserved to the admin…of a group is the ability to create announcements.…Announcements are eye-catching on the page,…but you may also recall that announcements…are one of the items that trigger notifications to users.…And for this reason, not everyone can create announcements,…because if you overuse them, people will simply ignore…the notifications that they receive,…and then they lose their value.…To create an announcement, click Announcement.…If you can't click Announcement here, guess what?…You're not an admin for the group…that you are viewing on your page.…
I want to do a Save The Date Announcement…for a planning meeting for our CRM Americas Team.…There's my information.…I can post more information to follow,…and I can also indicate that the logistics…will be handled by Tammy Marley-Cox,…meeting plan agenda by Victor,…and more information to follow.…
Notice that if I have something I want people to read,…I can click to attach either a file or a note.…I can notify specific people who aren't in this group,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.