Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Coauthor an Office document, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Office Online doesn't just support editing,…it supports multiple simultaneous editors,…what is called Co-Authoring.…So if I wish to edit this file,…I can click to edit it, and I may not be…the only person editing it.…As a matter of fact, a pop-up tells me…that Tammy Marley-Cox is also editing this document.…I have some changes that I need to make.…This is actually our update for our 2017 letter,…and this is our Outdoor Garden area,…but we've expanded it.…
This new space can now hold up to 425 people.…If I scroll down, you'll actually see…that there's some editing happening down here,…and there's a red flag that shows me…that's where Tammy's editing.…The way Microsoft Office Online handles this…is it actually locks paragraphs.…So we can't edit the same paragraph together;…however, we can edit in the same document,…up to a dozen people can be doing this.…
And there's our letter.…I'm going to modify the discount,…per the information that I have…from our Accounting Department.…And remember, I do not need to do anything to save this.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.