Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Chat with a colleague, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] A private message is sent to a specific person…and there are several ways I can send a private message.…One way is to go to my Inbox and choose to Create a Message…and rather than choosing a group to post it in,…click Send via Private Message and then choose the person…or people you wish to send it to.…I'm going to ask Victor,…"When does your flight arrive next week? Which Airport?".…And I'm going to send this message…and you'll notice that this is perfect example…of something that I shouldn't post in a group.…
Even if I want 20 people to send me their flight information…I'd be better off not posting it in a group,…unless I say, "Email it to me or private message me".…Because everyone doesn't need to…see everyone else's flight information.…So I'm going to click Send Message to send this…as a private message to Victor.…My private message has been sent.…That's choice one.…Another possibility, I'm looking at a feed…and Tammy Marley Cox is asking for some help.…I think this is something that my boss Jonathan…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.