Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Best practices for group participation, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There are best practices for using email…that were created with the universe of email users…was very small,…we didn't even have names, we had numbers.…One of the rules is don't type in caps,…another is when you send a message to someone…they are supposed to reply,…but when you copy someone they don't need to,…and another best practice or rule is…don't put anything in an email that you wouldn't want…a court, or the FBI, or your favorite uncle to read.…By following all these rules,…it made our correspondence easier.…
Rules in Yammer are similar,…don't type in caps, unless you intend to shout.…Don't type all in lowercase,…unless you want to be the next E. E. Cummings.…There are four cases where you would need to reply…to a message.…You always reply to a message when you are mentioned.…If someone mentions you the message goes…to your inbox by default,…which makes it easy to know when you've been mentioned.…You should also reply when there's a question being asked…and you believe you might have the answer,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.