Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Administer a private group, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] I've created a private group…for a security sourcing project,…and the problem with private groups…is that if it's private and hidden, no one can even see…that this group exists to offer to join it.…Even if it's not hidden, by default,…the only way someone can join is with my approval…or the approval of someone else who I make an admin.…So by and large, the only way people get in…is if we invite them.…There is a button here that allows us to add someone new,…and so if we add, for example, Steve,…who is assistant VP to the director of operations,…there he is, and he is now a member of this group.…
And we could add other members in exactly the same way.…If we want to change the settings, we can.…I'd like to be able to have Steve and anyone else we add…say, hey, I think I should add Joe,…or I think Jonathan should be engaged in this project.…Whoever they'd like to add.…So to do that, as the group admin,…I would go into the settings and say,…anyone who's approved by a group member…now is allowed to join the group,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.