Notes can include links to a person on the Yammer network, a URL including URLs in Yammer, an uploaded file, or an existing note. Use links to assign a section to a person, or to organize external content for use by your team.
- [Voiceover] The link section at the top of a note…when we have the editor open allows us…to provide related content that goes with the note.…There are two things worth noting here, so to speak.…The first is, we don't have folders in Yammer,…we have groups and inside of a groups,…we can have a lot of content…but by creating a note and linking items to it,…we can organize our content in much the same way…we might choose to use folders…and some other traditional systems.…
Also, by linking, I can provide structures.…So if I link to a person, then they know…that they are in charge of a part of the work.…For example, if this is a list from Hospitality,…which is what it is,…I can add a link to Tammy Marley Cox.…Here's Link to a person.…Link to,…easy enough to find her,…and notice, that makes it easy to see…who's in charge of that set…of suggestions for training topics.…
IT and Development.…Who's that gonna be? Well, guess what,…yes I can link to myself.…If we had training for sales.…Let's link to our sales director.…The second type of a link that I can create…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.