Notes can include links to a person on the Yammer network, a URL including URLs in Yammer, an uploaded file, or an existing note. Use links to assign a section to a person, or to organize external content for use by your team.
- [Voiceover] The link section at the top of a note…when we have the editor open allows us…to provide related content that goes with the note.…There are two things worth noting here, so to speak.…The first is, we don't have folders in Yammer,…we have groups and inside of a groups,…we can have a lot of content…but by creating a note and linking items to it,…we can organize our content in much the same way…we might choose to use folders…and some other traditional systems.…
Also, by linking, I can provide structures.…So if I link to a person, then they know…that they are in charge of a part of the work.…For example, if this is a list from Hospitality,…which is what it is,…I can add a link to Tammy Marley Cox.…Here's Link to a person.…Link to,…easy enough to find her,…and notice, that makes it easy to see…who's in charge of that set…of suggestions for training topics.…
IT and Development.…Who's that gonna be? Well, guess what,…yes I can link to myself.…If we had training for sales.…Let's link to our sales director.…The second type of a link that I can create…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.