Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a group administrator, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Every Yammer group has to have…at least one administrator.…And by default, the person who creates the group…is the first administrator.…But it's a good idea to have more than one,…'cause there are specific things…that require the permissions of an administrator,…and sooner or later, I want to go on vacation,…so I'm going to get a back-up admin.…I've actually talked to Victor about doing this already.…I'm going to click Members.…There he is.…I'm going to click the gear and make him an admin.…
That's all harder it was.…Now I could revoke his administrative permissions…or mine at any time.…I can remove people from this group right here.…So let's talk about a scenario…where I'm creating groups for people in Yammer.…That's part of my job; it's not the only thing I do,…and it's not my job to be the administrator…for each and every one of these groups that I can create.…I'm just a creator of groups, and in that circumstance,…what I typically do is have someone tell me…when they want a group, who the two admins are going to be,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.