Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add an external participant to a conversation, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There are times you might wish to consult…with someone outside of your organization,…and you can add an external messaging partner…to a Yammer conversation.…All you need to do is create a Reply,…create a New Update, whatever you're creating,…you have the choice to add someone.…For example, I have a question and I'd like…to include someone from our energy supplier,…so I'm going to add Rob, and it says,…you're adding people from outside your network…to this conversation.…
Yes I am.…So I'm going to ask what the timeline is…for our solar installation, and I'm including Rob…in this conversation, because he brings…some expertise to this.…And I'm now going to post this.…Notice that unlike everything else we've posted,…we have a globe here, and if you point to it,…it says, this conversation is visible…to people outside your network.…If I want to know who can see it, it will tell me.…There's Rob at Kineteco.info.…Found him.…It's all good.…
Now what will be happening for Rob…is he'll have the option to reply to us via email…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.