Learn how to leverage the new Xcode 8 developer tools to enhance your debugging workflow.
- Hey, I'm Jon Bott, and I'd like to welcome you to this course where we'll be working with the Developer tools and how we can leverage them to make your debugging process incredibly easy. In this course, we'll cover auditing our app for accessibility, including the concept of dynamically resizing text. We'll take a look at how we can quickly find retain cycles and large allocations of memory. From there, we'll dive into improving performance with threads and diagnose tricky race conditions. We'll also solve some UI issues during runtime and take a look at some older, but still useful tools to observe memory changes and discover leaks.
You'll get the most out of this course if you have a basic knowledge of Swift and building an iOS app. As Xcode Eight has come along, we've gained some fantastic tools that simplify how we find our bugs and how to quickly fix them. With all that said, let's get started.
- Working with the Accessibility Inspector
- Reviewing dynamic text and audit fixes
- Changing device settings within the Inspector
- Using the Memory Debugger
- Using the Thread Sanitizer
- Debugging view hierarchies
- Analyzing a project for memory consumption