The Quick Help menu is a handy tool for quickly getting access to important information about a code object or class. In this video, explore the Quick Help menu and learn how to use it to quickly navigate the documentation.
- [Instructor] The quick help menu provides quick access…to the documentation.…So, let's say I'm working in my view controller class…and I want to know more about this NSViewController class.…If I click right in there,…you'll see it populates the quick help menu.…Remember you'll have to show the inspector's area…and then click on the quick help button in the inspector bar…to see it.…Once you've done that, you can read the documentation,…straight from within the Xcode interface.…
If you want more information you could simply click the link…to open this in the developer documentation.…And then you're taken right there.…So for quick help all you need to do…is find an object in your code, click on it.…You'll see its information and you can read about it…right within Xcode.…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating your first project
- Editing code
- Creating snippets
- Prototyping in playgrounds
- Implementing version control with Git
- Building and connecting the interface
- Compiling and debugging apps in Xcode
- Creating workspaces for sharing resources and code
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Edit Code
3. Source Control
4. Interface Builder Basics
5. Compile and Debug
Create a workspace2m 51s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.