The Attributes Inspector is for adjusting properties of a selected object. In this video, learn how the Attributes Inspector is organized and how to use it to modify selected objects in Xcode.
- [Instructor] As I mentioned previously,…the inspector allows you to modify properties of objects.…And you can access the inspector…by selecting a user interface element…and then looking in the inspector area.…Let's actually go into a single view…in the standard editor…so that we can see this more clearly.…So here I am in my storyboard…and I'm going to select my submit button right here.…So this is the inspector, this area on the right,…and we can control which properties we can modify…for a given object that's selected…by changing what we have selected in the inspector bar.…
We've already looked…at the attributes inspector pretty briefly,…which changes thing that typically are visual attributes…of an object.…So if we have a button selected, we can choose the style…that we want for the button.…If we have a label selected, we can modify its alignment…and text color, etc.…We can modify settings for a text field…including placeholder text.…So this always changes based on what you have selected.…
Note that the top is more specific…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating your first project
- Editing code
- Creating snippets
- Prototyping in playgrounds
- Implementing version control with Git
- Building and connecting the interface
- Compiling and debugging apps in Xcode
- Creating workspaces for sharing resources and code
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Edit Code
3. Source Control
4. Interface Builder Basics
5. Compile and Debug
Create a workspace2m 51s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.