Pins can be refined beyond their initially created values. In this video, learn how to select pins, change their values, and add additional constraints to allow them to be greater than or less than a certain value.
- [Instructor] You may have noticed if you change…the size of the window that the UI elements…start to overlap and even get cut off by the window.…Let's look at how to fix that.…Back in Xcode I'm going to stop the running application.…And what we want to do is set a minimum size…for some elements as well as a minimum amount…of space between elements.…To do that we'll start with a text field.…What we're going to do is say that this text field…can be greater than or equal to a certain width.…To do that, after selecting it,…just apply a width constraint like we've done before.…
So we have our width constraint.…Now hover over it with your mouse,…that's this blue line at the bottom.…Don't confuse that with this other blue line right here.…This one right here, right below the text field.…Once it's highlighted, then click on it with your mouse.…And then what you want to do…is head over to the size inspector.…And you can see options for modifying…the currently selected pin.…So what we have here is this first item…which is the width of the text field.…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating your first project
- Editing code
- Creating snippets
- Prototyping in playgrounds
- Implementing version control with Git
- Building and connecting the interface
- Compiling and debugging apps in Xcode
- Creating workspaces for sharing resources and code
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Edit Code
3. Source Control
4. Interface Builder Basics
5. Compile and Debug
Create a workspace2m 51s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.