- Reviewing the concept of augmented reality (AR)
- Building an AR environment
- Setting up a project
- Setting up a pass-through camera
- Adding an object to your scene
- Initial testing on your device
- Adding lighting to your scene
Skill Level Intermediate
- AR or augmented reality is an amazing field and can be used to create interesting games, educational experiences, and more. If you have ever wondered how to create an AR experience on iOS using state of the art tools, such as the Unreal Engine, you've come to the right place. Hi, I'm Manny Henri. And I've worked with Unreal and XCode for several years now. And it will be my pleasure to help you learn the fundamentals of building an AR project with these tools. First, we'll install the required tools to develop with Unreal and XCode, and set up the proper accounts too.
Then we'll create a new project and explore plain detection, adding objects to a scene, and run initial tests on the physical device. Next, we'll explore other important aspects of an AR project such as shadows, global illumination, and interactions. Finally, we'll compile a final project on iOS and test performance in XCode. So if you're ready to create an exciting AR project, turn on your favorite browser and let's get started.