Where can you download Xcode? Xcode is a free app available from Apple. In this video, see where to find Xcode and how to install it on your machine so you can develop apps for Apple platforms.
- [Instructor] Let's start off by downloading Xcode…which you can find in the Mac App Store by searching…for Xcode, all one word.…When you search for Xcode it should be the first result.…Click on Xcode and you should see this icon right here.…And I have open on my screen because I've already downloaded…and installed Xcode.…Click the buttons to download and install Xcode…and before moving on to the next movie,…make sure you open up Xcode for the first time,…because before you can use Xcode,…the app needs to install some additional components…which may take a minute or two.…
So once you've installed Xcode, you're ready to go.…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating your first project
- Editing code
- Creating snippets
- Prototyping in playgrounds
- Implementing version control with Git
- Building and connecting the interface
- Compiling and debugging apps in Xcode
- Creating workspaces for sharing resources and code
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Edit Code
3. Source Control
4. Interface Builder Basics
5. Compile and Debug
Create a workspace2m 51s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.