Fix-it is a feature built into Xcode that volunteers to correct coding mistakes for you. While it's not always perfect, it can save you time. See how Fix-it works in the video.
- [Instructor] Xcode provides warning…and error messages with additional suggestions to either fix…or optimize your code.…Let's take a look at how they work.…Consider this code that I have.…I created a variable rather than a constant,…and don't change it, and check its value later on.…When I do that, Xcode recognizes…that I don't change that value…and suggests that I should use a constant instead.…If you actually click the warning icon,…Xcode will suggest what to do…and give you a button to fix it for you.…
When I click Fix, var is then changed to let,…and the warning message goes away.…Let's take a look at a different example,…and I'm going to datatype this constant…to be a Boolean that is optional.…When I do that, Xcode automatically notices…that when I'm checking the value,…it's not a true or false value,…I'm checking the value of the optional.…So here it says the value…of optional type Bool must be unwrapped to a value…of type Bool, so we can click this…and get a couple of suggestions.…
Note that sometimes these suggestions are…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating your first project
- Editing code
- Creating snippets
- Prototyping in playgrounds
- Implementing version control with Git
- Building and connecting the interface
- Compiling and debugging apps in Xcode
- Creating workspaces for sharing resources and code
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Edit Code
3. Source Control
4. Interface Builder Basics
5. Compile and Debug
Create a workspace2m 51s
Next steps1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.