- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Kevin] Material design is the standard for modern Android apps. Google created material design with Android Lollipop and following the design standard will allow you to create applications that feel at home on the Android platform. Hi, I'm Kevin Ford and I've been writing software, well for somewhere north of 20 years. For the past several years, I've been the mobile practice lead for a consulting company working with a variety of different mobile technologies. In this course, we are going to take a plain, simple app and rescale it with a dynamic and attractive material design interface.
We'll add styles and themes, a floating action button, a snap bar, and other material design components that will help our app look great in the Android Store. I'm excited to share these keen material design concepts with you. Let's get started.
Simple Android Development Toolswith Michael Lehman2h 59m Beginner
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.