Look at how an element within a Coordinator layout can be anchored to a CardView and how to wire up the CardView's content.
- [Instructor] To finish up our CardView,…I'm going to move the floating action button…so it lines up with the bottom right hand corner…of the CardView.…So we're going to go back into our resources,…under the layout, and open the main layout.…By moving our floating action button…so it lines up with he bottom of the CardView…and so that it spans the area between the CardView…and the RecyclerView means that pressing…the floating action button impacts content…on both the CardView and the RecyclerView.…So we're going to go down to our floating action button here.…And we're going to change where we have the layout gravity…being the right bottom of the form.…
So instead, we're going to take that…and anchor it up at the CardView.…That'll be layout_anchor.…And we'll set that anchor…equal to the ID of the CardView itself.…Which is personal_time_card.…We need to change the namespace to the layout anchor to app,…and we're going to add another one from the app namespace…and that one will be called layout_anchorGravity.…These are coming from the coordinator layout itself.…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Reese56m 43s Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.