Use a data adapter to provide the list data for the list view on the main screen.
- [Instructor] Now let's go leverage these new layouts…in our activities.…I'll go to the TraingingRoomDetailActivity,…and after we start that up and create it,…we want to use that same set content view…that we saw in the main activity.…Go to Resource.Layout and notice that each of our layouts…has a unique ID that's an integer that shows up…in this Resource.Layout name space.…So I'll add that TrainingRoomDetail in…and now we've said, when we create…a TrainingRoomDetail activity, we want the layout…to be that layout file we just created,…called TrainingRoomDetail.…
Now back in the main activity,…we're gonna do a couple of things.…One, we're gonna get rid of our button code,…because the button's no longer in our user interface,…and we're gonna change the base to a ListActivity.…This is a base class that's gonna…provide us some facilities for displaying a list of data.…Now, we've got our content view set there,…and on there we had that specially named list view,…that list view, is gonna be found by the ListActivity,…
- Cross-platform code reuse
- Visual Studio install guidelines
- Remote Windows development
- Creating a .NET Standard library
- Testing on an Emulator
- Navigating a segue
- Provisioning and testing on a device
- Using constraints for a layout
- Creating list views and detail views
Skill Level Beginner
1. Welcome to Xamarin
2. Xamarin on Mac
3. Xamarin on Windows
4. Building a Shared Library
5. Building an Android Application
6. Building an iOS Application
7. Building a UWP Application
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.