Join Gerald Versluis for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Building Serverless Xamarin Apps with Azure.
- [Instructor] In this course, we are going to start diving into developing with Xamarin forms and Azure functions. I will assume that you already have some basic understanding of software development, as we won't go into the very basics. Development will happen in C#. Although I will be talking you through what I'm doing, it might be good if you have seen or worked with C# before. The subject of this course is mostly Azure functions, and I will be talking about cloud and Azure a lot. I will be explaining Azure functions thoroughly, but Azure is so extensive it could span multiple courses.
To follow along, it is recommended to have some knowledge of Azure or cloud services as a whole. Everything I show you is done on a Mac and Visual Studio for Mac, but all of this is also available on PC and Windows. All files in the exercise files are interchangeable between Mac and Windows. Things might look a bit different, but should work just the same. However, if you want to do iOS development in Xamarin, you will still need Mac hardware and it should work just fine.
- What serverless is and when to use it
- Creating Azure functions
- Creating your first Azure Functions App
- Creating an Azure function in Visual Studio
- Creating a new Xamarin.Forms app
- Use cases for Azure Functions in apps
- Securing Azure Functions apps
- Monitoring Azure functions in Production