Learn how to fix an issue with some layouts that do not provide scrolling of content by quickly adding a ScrollView control to your page.
- [Instructor] One of the important things for us to do…as we build these cross-platform applications,…is to test on multiple devices.…Now I haven't been doing a very good job of that,…switch let's switch over to Android and run this…to see how things display there.…That looks good so far.…I can select my Bamboo Thermal Ski Coat.…Uh-oh, I can't actually scroll down…and I don't see the whole image…and I can't get to my buttons.…Looks like we might need to fix that.…Come back over to Visual Studio, our ProductDetail.…Remember we have our content page here…with our StackLayouts, our images, and our RelativeLayouts.…
There's really nothing here…that's gonna cause that to scroll.…So let's add in a scroll view here…and set the orientation to vertical.…And we're just gonna wrap that whole set of contents,…so I'll click this, move it down underneath the StackLayout…and paste that.…We've got the ScrollView now that we've placed…and we could use our horizontal options,…say we wanna fill and expand.…Can use our vertical options, same thing.…
- Creating a Xamarin.Forms solution
- Navigating between pages
- Screen layouts and controls in Xamarin.Forms
- Data binding
- Adding style to a control
- Using a Xamarin.Essentials package
- Embedding native controls in your shared forms
- Writing custom renderers
Skill Level Beginner
Xamarin Development: Authentication and Identitywith Matt Milner1h 32m Intermediate
What you should know1m 21s
2. Layout and Controls
3. Native Platform Integration
4. Native Controls and Renderers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.