Look at how to add a layout to our recycler view and tie it to your adapter and data source.
- [Instructor] We have already done a lot…to get our RecyclerView working.…We just have to tie it all together.…We'll do that in our main activity.…First we need to remove some code we no longer need.…We no longer need the ListItemTouch method.…We were just using that to show…how we could switch between the day and night theme.…The OnCreate method will have to changed as well.…We removed the lines that had to do…with the list view and the old adapter.…
So let's hook up a RecyclerView instead.…First we'll get a reference to our RecyclerView.…And we'll call our variable just recyclerView.…And we'll call FindViewById,…and we'll pass that as a RecyclerView.…And we'll pull it out by the ResourceId…of the RecyclerView itself.…And I'll have to right Click on the RecyclerView…Fix it to add the using statement.…
I'll now create a layout manager.…A layout manager controls how the items…in the RecyclerView will be laid out.…Since we want a listview type layout,…we will use a linear layout manager.…We'll cal that layoutManager…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.