Join James Timberlake for an in-depth discussion in this video Style triggers, part of Extending Xamarin with Behaviors, Commands, and Triggers.
- [Instructor] Okay, we have our…entry property trigger working.…We have it placed on the name entry field,…and we want to place it on the date.…Let's go ahead and styleify.…I'm going to go back to my app.xaml,…I'm going to create a new style.…Alright, let's give this one a name…using the key field, I'm going to name…this highlighted entry.…
And I'm going to specify the target type,…going to make that also the entry view.…Let's add our closing tag there,…and inside it here, I'm going to add style.triggers.…Similar to the entry.triggers, you can add…as many styles here as you'd like.…We're going to get the one that we just created,…I'm just going to go back and copy this,…and put it right there.…
Alright, now our style here is ready to…be used with the trigger.…If we look at our date entry object,…it already has a style attached to it.…We can only attach one style at a time,…so what we're going to do is we're going to let…the original style for the entry field…inherit from our highlighted entry style.…Let's go ahead and do that now.…
- Creating and implementing behaviors
- Stacking behaviors
- Adding behaviors to styles
- Creating commands
- Setting up and implementing triggers
- Tying it all together in a Xamarin app
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Reese56m 43s Intermediate
1. Using Xamarin Behaviors
2. Using Xamarin Commands
3. Using Xamarin Triggers
4. Tying It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.