This video goes through different view components, and shows examples on how to extend them with different effects.
- [Instructor] Okay, now we have an entry view that…has a behavior correctly attached to it.…And that behavior allows for all uppercase characters…to show, and no lowercase characters.…Now that we added one behavior to the entry view,…I'd like to stack them.…So we can see how the functionality works together.…Let's go ahead and create a behavior that allows…for no special characters to be entered in the text field.…I'm going to go back to my behaviors folder,…and right click and add a new file.…I'm going to call it entry, no special characters.…
Like before, I'm just going to reference the behavior class,…which will take the entry as a type.…I'm sorry, behavior is misspelled, so behavior.…And I'm going to quick fix that to use the…Xamarin.forms new space.…And we're going to set up the project like we did before.…I'm going to override OnAttachedTo.…
And then I'm going to go ahead and override the…OnDetachingFrom.…I'm also going to go and add a method called…NoSpecialCharacters that takes the…event handle arguments of the text changed event.…
- Creating and implementing behaviors
- Stacking behaviors
- Adding behaviors to styles
- Creating commands
- Setting up and implementing triggers
- Tying it all together in a Xamarin app
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Blasucci56m 43s Intermediate
1. Using Xamarin Behaviors
2. Using Xamarin Commands
3. Using Xamarin Triggers
4. Tying It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.