In this video we will look at how we can run Xamarin Inspector to examine the UI of our Xamarin application.
- [Narrator] If we want to look at how a UI…is constructed on an application,…we can use Xaramin Inspector.…We are using Xaramin Inspector version 1.2…which requires an Enterprise MSDM license.…There are some limitations to Xaramin Inspector.…In the version that we are going to use…in Visual Studio 2017, we can only inspect the UIs of iOS,…Android, and WPF applications.…If we wanted to inspect the UI of a Mac OS application,…we would need to do that on a Mac using Xamarin Studio…or the newly released Visual Studio for Mac.…
At the time of this recording,…the current version of Xamarin Inspector is 1.22.…If you don't have Xamarin Inspector running,…you can open Xamarin Workbooks.…And if we want to find the version number,…we can go to help and about Xamarin Workbooks…and we find it right here, version 1.22.…When running Inspector it may also…ask you to upgrade on it's own.…If it does so, agree and install the update.…Xamarin Workbooks and Inspector…are part of the same install package…and the version numbers are synced.…
- Working with tuples
- Using C# throw expressions
- Inspecting UI structures with Xamarin Inspector
- Identifying memory leaks in iOS and Android
- Recording and playing back tests with Test Record
- Using embedded assemblies in Android
Skill Level Intermediate
1. C# 7 Language Improvements
Inspecting UI structures3m 34s
4. Test Recorder
5. Embedded Assemblies
Where to go from here1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.