Now that you have the RecyclerView it might be tempting to think the ListView is no longer important. That isn't correct; there are cases where each control should still be used.
- [Instructor] Many times I've noticed…when people first start using the RecyclerView,…they immediately throw away the ListView.…A more nuanced approach, might be to think about…if the RecyclerView should always be used.…The first question we should ask ourselves…is if the RecyclerView did indeed replace the ListView.…The answer is no, no it did not.…There are some cases where the ListView…is still the better choice.…Let's take a look at cases where…it is better to use a ListView.…
So what are some of the advantages of ListView?…The ListView was designed for a single horizontal…scrolling list with some helpers…to make working with it relatively simple.…So it has a very focused implementation,…with row level tap events.…For example, to create a vertically scrolling list…with dividers, it is much easier to do it with a ListView.…The ListView also comes with a lot of…canned simple adapters, and so, for simple cases,…it is very easy to implement.…Finally, since the ListView has been included since API 1,…it works on all Android devices regardless of age.…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.