The CardView is an elevated container for displaying an associated collection of information. This section shows how to set up styles for use with a CardView.
- [Narrator] The CardView is a container…for related content.…It appears to be a physical card…and has elevation of its own.…If desired, the CardView can react to input…and appear to raise if selected.…We're going to add a CardView to our project.…For our CardView, we plan to place our CardView…on the main form with a CardView on top,…and the RecyclerView we created previously below it.…There are a few plumbing files that we need for this…that I have already added to the solution.…You can find them in the supplemental folder…for this chapter.…
They are for the layout within the CardView…and filling in the data that we will show…in the CardView so we won't just have an empty card.…There are no material-design-specific…concepts in this code.…The following files should be replaced.…Inside the resources folder, under values,…replace the styles file, and also replace the strings file.…Under resources layout, add in the…main_personal_time AXML file.…Under models, add in PersonalActivityTotals.…
And under services, add in the ActivityTotalService.…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Reese56m 43s Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.