Receive a quick review of what has been accomplished so far, and what's coming next in learning how to create robust Xamarin.Forms applications.
- [Instructor] Wow we covered a ton of content…in this session.…My guess is that your mind is really going crazy…with opportunities to integrate real time push…notifications in your cross platform Xamarin.Forms app.…But here are a few things that I think are great next steps.…Number one experiment with templates.…It's real easy and we've seen examples of having…more templated notifications and alerts sent on Windows…in this session.…We can do that with every platform.…It's a little bit more cumbersome but we can get some…great designs and layouts for our alerts and notifications…by using templates especially on Android.…
Number two run processes for notification.…We can easily kick off background updates…or do some data synchronization based on the receipt…of a raw notification.…So you can send a raw notification out your mobile device…would listen for and when the notification comes in…you could for example sync all the favorites off line.…Number three start using tags for targeting.…I mentioned this earlier in the session…
Note: This course is part 7 of a 9-part series, Mastering Xamarin.Forms Development, which explains how to build robust, cross-platform mobile apps with Xamarin.Forms. Visit Scott Peterson's instructor page to watch the entire series.
- Notification configurations for Android, iOS, and Windows
- Configuring push notification services
- Adding platform-specific notification support
- Responding to notifications