Use intents to pass data as you navigate between activities.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got our list displaying,…we wanna be able to move from the list…to the detail activity.…So, we're gonna be working with both our main activity…and our training room detail activity.…Open our main activity.…I'm gonna override a method to get the item click,…so we're gonna use the on list item click method,…and that's gonna let us know when somebody's…clicked on, or tapped on, one of our list items.…Before we saw how to start an activity,…but we need to actually pass some data here as well,…we can't just pass the type,…and so we're gonna use something called an intent.…
When I type in intent,…it's gonna give me a little red squiggly,…and if I right click to quick fix,…you'll see we need to add using Android.Content…up to the top of our file.…So, that added that for us up there.…And now, we've got a new intent,…and that intent says,…"Hey, here's what we intend to do,"…so we're gonna provide the context of this,…and then we're gonna provide the type…of that room detail activity as the type,…
- Cross-platform code reuse
- Visual Studio install guidelines
- Remote Windows development
- Creating a .NET Standard library
- Testing on an Emulator
- Navigating a segue
- Provisioning and testing on a device
- Using constraints for a layout
- Creating list views and detail views
Skill Level Beginner
1. Welcome to Xamarin
2. Xamarin on Mac
3. Xamarin on Windows
4. Building a Shared Library
5. Building an Android Application
6. Building an iOS Application
7. Building a UWP Application
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.