Join James Timberlake for an in-depth discussion in this video More on data triggers, part of Extending Xamarin with Behaviors, Commands, and Triggers.
- [Instructor] Now we'll use data triggers…to affect the appearance state…of a button that changes based on commands.…I'm talking about the done button here.…Earlier in our project we've tied this button…to a command that has toggled…whether or not the to do item is done or not.…In order for us to visually see this change…we've created a display alert…and that's not very pretty.…We want something more dynamic…and contextual to that item.…And we're going to use a data trigger to do that.…
So then we're just going to get rid of all this here.…And instead…we're just going to refresh this list…so that whenever we run this method…it will give us new to do items in a new list.…Let's go back to our to do page.…Instead of the text done showing,…let's show an image instead.…I'm going to use data triggers…to toggle between two different images.…
So I can remove this closing tag.…Create a new ending tag for the button.…And create a new button that triggers tag…so that we can add our data trigger.…The first data trigger I'm going to create…
- Creating and implementing behaviors
- Stacking behaviors
- Adding behaviors to styles
- Creating commands
- Setting up and implementing triggers
- Tying it all together in a Xamarin app
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Blasucci56m 43s Intermediate
1. Using Xamarin Behaviors
2. Using Xamarin Commands
3. Using Xamarin Triggers
4. Tying It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.