What devices will your app run on? Android Lollipop introduced material design and is supported by the OS. For earlier versions there are the AppCompat Libraries.
- One thing that makes the Android ecosystem unusual…is the amount of fragmentation.…This fragmentation is in terms of variety…of manufacturers, hardware and even versions…of the operating system that are still being used.…While Material Design was introduced with Android Lollipop,…according to developer.Android.com's dashboard…over 40 percent of devices are still pre-Lollipop.…This has made it more difficult to implement…material design in such a way that it is consistent…as your application runs on different devices.…
In Android Lollipop special handling was added…to the operating system for material themes…that did not exist in prior versions.…As a consequence to this,…it is not possible to use material themes…out of the box on prior versions of Android.…Even on Lollipop devices many of the widgets used…in layouts that exist in the standard…do not exist as widgets…and would have to be manually implemented.…While some of this problem is being worked out of the system…as people get newer devices,…it will likely take several years before pre-Lollipop…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Blasucci56m 43s Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.