When should you use material design and how should you implement them in your apps? What is the role of the designer? How flexible is it?
- [Man] From a developer tool set perspective Android…material design came with a new theme, some custom widgets,…and animations to go along with the new standard.…The widgets themselves do not fully encompass all…the different controls mentioned…in the material design standards.…Another thing to keep in mind is that the desire…to save money may lead to cross platform designs…that aren't truly material.…For some applications this may be okay.…But if you want to truly implement material design…be cautious of this approach.…
It is very common to first make an iOS design…and tell the Android development team…to use that as a model and Androidize it.…This approach is unlikely to conform to the material design…standards as the fundamental layouts themselves…should be different from iOS.…For myself, a team working without a designer…throws a caution flag.…As a developer you should understand how material design…works as this will give you the knowledge you need…to implement a good design.…However most developers will not be able to create…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Reese56m 43s Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.