Learn how to install the preview release of Xamarin.Essentials, a suite of utilities for cross-platform development.
- I mentioned that there are simpler,…and more effective ways,…to check for network connectivity.…And in fact there are simpler,…and more effective ways,…to do a lot of things in Xamarin Forms.…You can see that there will be a number of places…when you're accessing files, or cameras,…or other devices, or parts of your devices,…that you need access to platform specific code.…And you could write dependency services as we've done here,…yourself, or you can use Xamarin Essentials.…This is a set of services, or packages,…that provide a lot of these essential functions for you.…
The first thing I am gonna do before…I install it is go to my Android project,…and I'm going to update all…of these Android support packages,…because I do need version 126.96.36.199…in order to get these Xamarin Essentials working.…I'll accept the licenses,…and I will go ahead and get those packages all updated.…Now one thing to notice is Xamarin Forms…package also got updated,…so I should go up to my other projects and…make sure that I update my Xamarin Forms.…
- Creating a Xamarin.Forms solution
- Navigating between pages
- Screen layouts and controls in Xamarin.Forms
- Data binding
- Adding style to a control
- Using a Xamarin.Essentials package
- Embedding native controls in your shared forms
- Writing custom renderers
Skill Level Beginner
Xamarin Development: Authentication and Identitywith Matt Milner1h 32m Intermediate
What you should know1m 21s
2. Layout and Controls
3. Native Platform Integration
4. Native Controls and Renderers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.