Join Tom Duffy as he demonstrates installing the Ionic cross-platform framework and utilizing Ionic Creator to layout a simple Ionic app.
- [Instructor] Installing Ionic is done…via Node.…If you skipped that video, head back to…the Node install video for instructions.…You need a terminal window to install Ionic.…You do that through the Node package manager.…So you'll issue npm install dash g…for global and then if you haven't…installed Cordova, you want to install…that as well as Ionic.…You would issue this command that included Cordova.…Since I've already got Cordova installed…on this machine, I'm just going…to install Ionic on its own.…
Oh, that's going to fail.…And the reason it failed is 'cause…I forgot the sudo.…Let's do it using sudo npm install global ionic.…And I'll put my password in and that should…go a little bit better this time.…So, just to make sure, I'm going…to check that I have Cordova installed…by issuing the Cordova command with the v switch.…
And that shows me that I do, in fact,…have Cordova eight installed.…And I could do the same thing with the Ionic v switch.…It looks like I've got Ionic version three point two zero.…Like Cordova, Ionic needs access to the platform…
- Hybrid vs. native cross-platform apps
- Choosing an editor
- Building a Cordova app
- Building an Ionic app
- Buildin an app with the Create React Native App
- Building an app with the React Native CLI
- Building a Titanium app
- Building a Xamarin app
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Intermediate
React Native: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich2h 32m Intermediate
1. Intro to Cross-Platform Development
4. React Native
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.