- Creating and implementing behaviors
- Stacking behaviors
- Adding behaviors to styles
- Creating commands
- Setting up and implementing triggers
- Tying it all together in a Xamarin app
Skill Level Intermediate
- [James] As a Xamarin developer, I try my best to ease my development process by compartmentalizing my code as much possible. I also want to make sure I'm following suit on standard design patterns. Finally, I want to be able to give my views that visual finesse without bloating my code. Hi, my name is James Timberlake, no relation, and I find Xamarin's cross-platform ability fascinating. I've used it for over four years to write apps ranging from social and media entertainment to law enforcement.
In this course I'm going to teach you how to use forms and attach behaviors, and how to combine the two styles in your apps. Next, we'll go over adding functionality with commands and see how it can help you adhere to basic coding design principles. We'll also go over the different types of triggers and use them to modify view states for our forms and visually show us invalid data. Lastly, we'll bring it all together to provide new flair by animating a loading screen. I want to thank you for taking the time to take this course, and I'm sure you'll all find these valuable skills to enhance your Xamarin experience.
Let's get started.