Leverage a serverless architecture to support your Xamarin mobile apps. Discover how to write a Xamarin.Forms app and retrieve data from Azure Functions.
- [Instructor] With the serverless offering, cloud providers are finally delivering on the true promise of the cloud. No more worrying about the server configuration, infinite capacity and scaling, and nothing to manage but your own code. Mobile devices are a big part of our daily lives. What if I told you that you can develop apps from a single code base in a modern programming language that you love, and deploy them to multiple platforms like iOS, Android, UWP and even Linux. In this course, I will introduce you to both Azure Functions, as a serverless backend, and by example also to Xamarin.Forms.
We will see how the basics of these techniques work and mostly how easy it is to use them together, in an end-to-end C#.net solution. Along the way, we will set up a new Azure subscription, write our first Azure function straight from the Azure portal, as well as Visual Studio, and we will learn the concepts of Xamarin and build our first cross-platform app. My name is Gerald Versluis, and with a decade of experience in professional software development in both Azure and mobile, I love to inspire and teach people to do the same thing.
So, I invite you to join me on my LinkedIn Learning course as we explore the wonderful world of serverless Xamarin apps.
- What serverless is and when to use it
- Creating Azure functions
- Creating your first Azure Functions App
- Creating an Azure function in Visual Studio
- Creating a new Xamarin.Forms app
- Use cases for Azure Functions in apps
- Securing Azure Functions apps
- Monitoring Azure functions in Production