Learn how to use StackLayout with both vertical and horizontal orientations to render controls 'stacked' one after the other. See how to add properties to control padding and alignment in a device neutral way.
- [Voiceover] Start using some of those layouts now…to build our user interface.…We go into our product detail screen.…I'm just going to hide the solution here, so we have…a little more real estate.…We'll get rid of the label.…And we're going to add in a couple of stack layouts…to see how those work.…In this stack layout, I'm going to change the orientation to…vertical. Meaning, I want to stack…things one on top of the other.…The other option of course is horizontal.…So, in this stack layer, I'm actually going to…use another stack layout.…And here, I'll say the orientation is…horizontal.…
We'll end that one out.…Now, inside of that, I'll use the label…to display some text.…And I'll just say that this is the name, so…this is going to be the name of our product here.…And then we'll put another label.…In this one, we're actually going to display the name,…which we'll come back to in a moment.…I'm just going to put product name…as a placeholder for us so we can see that.…And you'll notice it's showing up over up on the right hand…
- Creating a Xamarin.Forms solution
- Navigating between pages
- Screen layouts and controls in Xamarin.Forms
- Data binding
- Adding style to a control
- Using a Xamarin.Essentials package
- Embedding native controls in your shared forms
- Writing custom renderers
Skill Level Beginner
Xamarin Development: Authentication and Identitywith Matt Milner1h 32m Intermediate
What you should know1m 21s
2. Layout and Controls
3. Native Platform Integration
4. Native Controls and Renderers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.