Learn how to use the GridLayout to arrange controls on the page by assigning them to specific column and row. See how to enable a control to span columns.
- [Instructor] In order to take a look…at a couple other page and layout models,…let's add a new page, to add a new file,…forms content page, we'll call it order form.…And if we go to the CS file here,…I'm going to change the base of this…to a tabbed page and I'm going to go…to the order form .xml and I'm going…to replace content page with tabbed page,…because remember, that's a partial page…and it's gonna combine with this page…for this class to give us one class representing our page.…
We can't use contentpage.content inside our tabbed page,…and in fact we don't want tabbedpage.content…either, as a tabbed page can have…multiple content items, or children.…So we'll add that in here, and then we'll indicate…that the first child is a content page, with a title…of Order, and we'll close that one out.…And then we'll add another content page…and we will give it a title of History,…let's say we're going to put the order history here.…Now if we build the shared library,…should get that class created with…the base class type in there.…
- Creating a Xamarin.Forms solution
- Navigating between pages
- Screen layouts and controls in Xamarin.Forms
- Data binding
- Adding style to a control
- Using a Xamarin.Essentials package
- Embedding native controls in your shared forms
- Writing custom renderers
Skill Level Beginner
Xamarin Development: Authentication and Identitywith Matt Milner1h 32m Intermediate
What you should know1m 21s
2. Layout and Controls
3. Native Platform Integration
4. Native Controls and Renderers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.