Join James Timberlake for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a behavior, part of Extending Xamarin with Behaviors, Commands, and Triggers.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's start…by creating our first behavior.…Let's go over here and open our Exercise folder…and copy our Todo_Starter project to the Desktop.…Once we're done, let's rename starter to working…and then let's open our project.…Before we begin, let's take a look around.…I've created a project here that allows us…to create and modify to-do items.…
It works for iOS and Android.…Right now we're going to check the simulator…and see what's happening in real time.…I've already added one example to-do item with the date.…The plus button here let's us add more.…And if we were to enter a name right now,…we would see that there's lower case…letters that can be added.…I'd like to create a behavior that makes…these only upper case letters.…Let's get started.…I'm going to create a new file in the behaviors folder…and I'm going to name it EntryAllUpperCase.…
To create a Xamarins forms behavior…we want to reference the behavior class.…The behaviors class takes a type which is IBindable.…All visual elements by default are IBindable,…
- Creating and implementing behaviors
- Stacking behaviors
- Adding behaviors to styles
- Creating commands
- Setting up and implementing triggers
- Tying it all together in a Xamarin app
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Blasucci56m 43s Intermediate
1. Using Xamarin Behaviors
2. Using Xamarin Commands
3. Using Xamarin Triggers
4. Tying It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.