Complete our view state animation.
- [Instructor] We're going finish creating…our custom animator,…so we can add a view state transition animation…to our image buttons.…In our custom animator, we will add a second state…for when the image button isn't pressed.…So let's go into that.…So that's under Resources/animator/button_animation.…I'm going to grab this entire item here,…and make a copy of it.…We want this part of the animation to happen…when the button isn't pressed.…So I'm going to set this android:state_pressed equal to false.…
We're still going to use the animation…on the translationZ value,…where before we went up to 6dp,…now we're going to reset it back down to 0dp.…So when the button state is pressed, it moves up to 6dp,…and when the button is released,…the value goes back down to 0dp of the translationZ value.…And if you recall, the entire elevation of the button…is based on its base state, plus this translationZ value.…Now we just need to add the animation…to the image button views in our add activity layout.…
So let's go into there.…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.