- Hybrid vs. native cross-platform apps
- Choosing an editor
- Building a Cordova app
- Building an Ionic app
- Buildin an app with the Create React Native App
- Building an app with the React Native CLI
- Building a Titanium app
- Building a Xamarin app
Skill Level Beginner
- [Tom] Welcome, I'm Tom Duffy, chair of the computer science department at Norwalk Community College. Supporting multiple mobile platforms is a lot of work, you'll need to know multiple programming languages, multiple development tools, and have intimate knowledge of each platform your app will support. Fortunately, cross platform solutions have emerged that provide support for creating cross platform apps using a single technology stack. I'll be your guide as we explore five of the most popular cross platform frameworks, Cordova, Ionic, React Native, Titanium, and Xamarin.
We'll talk about the technology used by each tool, pros and cons, and develop a simple user input app using each framework. This course will give you a basis for choosing a cross platform framework for your next great app. So what are you waiting for? Let's get busy.
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Intermediate
React Native: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich2h 32m Intermediate
1. Intro to Cross-Platform Development
4. React Native
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.