Join Tom Duffy as he demonstrates how to get Cordova installed using Node.js. In this video, Tom also creates the simple web app which will form the basis for comparing all of the cross-platform frameworks.
- [Instructor] Installing Cordova is simple.…We'll use npm to install Cordova globally…using the g switch.…Since I'm on a Mac, I'll need to use sudo,…and issue an administrators password to do this.…So sudo, npm, install, global switch, cordova.…User's password.…And we'll let npm proceed with the install.…
You can test your Cordova install by using the v switch.…Cordova, v switch.…I'm going to allow Cordova…to anonymously report usage stats.…And we can see that I have Cordova version 8 installed.…Cordova needs access to platform tools…for each platform your app will support.…At the very least you'll want to install Android Studio…to support the android platform,…and X Code to support iOS.…
- Hybrid vs. native cross-platform apps
- Choosing an editor
- Building a Cordova app
- Building an Ionic app
- Buildin an app with the Create React Native App
- Building an app with the React Native CLI
- Building a Titanium app
- Building a Xamarin app
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Intermediate
React Native: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich2h 32m Intermediate
1. Intro to Cross-Platform Development
4. React Native
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.