This video describes how to use triggers without the code feeling bloated and fragmented.
- [Instructor] Triggers can bring a rich, visual…experience to your views, while keeping your files clean.…Triggers have multiple types…and many ways to implement them.…Here are some best practices.…Take some time to understand what you want…your triggers to do.…Triggers have multiple ways of getting the job done.…A downside to that, is that you could end up…over-complicating your code.…Take a second and think about how you want your app…to respond visually to things.…Create some rules for triggers to be used in your app.…For example, when I see an entry view,…I normally use triggers to modify its visual appearance…whenever the property is focused is changed.…
Also, when I have a button that commits to an action,…such as done or submit,…I check to see whether or not the is visible property is set…or a number of different conditions…that will allow you to commit to that action.…This will help you implement triggers consistently…and harmoniously in your app.…Make it easy to read.…I once saw a six-condition multi trigger.…
- Creating and implementing behaviors
- Stacking behaviors
- Adding behaviors to styles
- Creating commands
- Setting up and implementing triggers
- Tying it all together in a Xamarin app
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Reese56m 43s Intermediate
1. Using Xamarin Behaviors
2. Using Xamarin Commands
3. Using Xamarin Triggers
4. Tying It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.