Learn about what the Azure notification service can bring to Xamarin.Forms development, and how it integrates into the Azure Mobile Apps platform.
- [Trainer] Since the concept of push notifications…is simple, but the actual implementation is quite complex,…this is where Azure Notification Hubs come in…and really eliminate these complexities.…Azure Notification Hubs provide multi-platform,…potentially scaled out, push notification infrastructures,…that greatly reduce your push-related code.…In fact, much of the code that you'll need…can often be written in just a line or two.…Devices are then merely responsible for…registering their PNS handles.…And when I say devices, this means that your code…is responsible for registering a device.…
Typically just with a single string value…that identifies a device and then gets returned a channel.…And once they're registered,…the back end sends messages to users.…Or, one cool aspect, is the ability to send messages…based on interest groups, typically known as tags.…So for example, if you wanted to send a message…to everyone in a specific zip code,…you could do that easily.…Or, everyone that's in the legal department,…
Note: This course is part 7 of a 9-part series, Mastering Xamarin.Forms Development, which explains how to build robust, cross-platform mobile apps with Xamarin.Forms. Visit Scott Peterson's instructor page to watch the entire series.
- Notification configurations for Android, iOS, and Windows
- Configuring push notification services
- Adding platform-specific notification support
- Responding to notifications