Join James Timberlake for an in-depth discussion in this video Attached behaviors, part of Extending Xamarin with Behaviors, Commands, and Triggers.
- [Instructor] If we look at our project,…we have a TodoPage that has two Behaviors…added to the Entry field.…If I wanted to add more,…the Entry Behaviors can get pretty long.…If we look at our project, we have a Todo page…that has multiple Behaviors added to the Entry field.…Now, if I wanted to add more, these can get pretty long.…We can go five, six, or seven Behaviors at once.…It's just too much to put on one line.…Furthermore, we have to add this for every Entry view…in order to use these two Behaviors.…Let's take our Behaviors into another level…and use attach Behaviors to create a style…that we can use to set this to any Entry view.…
First, let's take a closer look…at what we're going to be doing…in creating an attached Behavior…and attaching it to a Forms Behavior.…Our base Behavior class is going to contain…a Bindable Property.…Our Forms Behavior is going to attach itself…to this property,…the property is set statically through the Bindable Object,…which is the View.…Once that's done, the Bindable Property's…
- Creating and implementing behaviors
- Stacking behaviors
- Adding behaviors to styles
- Creating commands
- Setting up and implementing triggers
- Tying it all together in a Xamarin app
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Blasucci56m 43s Intermediate
1. Using Xamarin Behaviors
2. Using Xamarin Commands
3. Using Xamarin Triggers
4. Tying It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.