Learn how to change the look of a control by defining a style on the page and assigning the style to a particular control type or by defining a key for the style and selectively assigning it to particular controls.
- [Instructor] So far we've used these layouts…and views and seen them render on our devices…using native controls but we haven't…really changed the look of them at all.…And I'd like to be able to do that a bit.…So I'll show you how you can…add some styles to your controls.…Go into the tabbed page here, and we're gonna…add in to the resources a resource dictionary.…And it's going to allow us to define styles for this page.…Now, I pointed out the resource dictionary…in the app which allows you to…define them across the application.…
So I'm going to do a style and say the target type is entry.…I'm going to add a setter saying for this style…I want you to set a particular property…and it's gonna be background color…and I want you to set its value to red.…You can see that immediately the entry,…because I haven't specified any particular entry,…now has a background color value of red.…Now I add another style and indicate…the target type now is label,…but I also want to see that it has a key…so in this dictionary it's got a particular key…
- Creating a Xamarin.Forms solution
- Navigating between pages
- Screen layouts and controls in Xamarin.Forms
- Data binding
- Adding style to a control
- Using a Xamarin.Essentials package
- Embedding native controls in your shared forms
- Writing custom renderers
Skill Level Beginner
Xamarin Development: Authentication and Identitywith Matt Milner1h 32m Intermediate
What you should know1m 21s
2. Layout and Controls
3. Native Platform Integration
4. Native Controls and Renderers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.