Learn how to add an iOS UISegmentedControl to your Xamarin.Forms page and bind it to your model.
- [Narrator] I want to allow users to rate the products…when they're on that order page.…I'm gonna first come into the order class.…I'm just going to copy this quantity property,…and we'll paste it.…Then we're going to change that to rate here.…So we'll put that over where we had the quantity.…Call this the rating and then I'm gonna change the property,…change notification to rating.…So essentially adding a property on there for the rating,…and then making sure when it changes we can…notify the bindings about that.…
On the order form I've got my IOS name space.…I'm just going to add another row definition here.…So we've got one more row we can use.…Then we'll go down to the bottom here,…and I'm going to use a control from IOS called…the IOS UI Segmented Control.…And this is a control that's available on IOS,…doesn't have a direct match on all the other platforms,…and I'm going to use it to do the ratings.…Now I can put it in the grid row…just like any other control, and I can also…set some horizontal options.…
- Creating a Xamarin.Forms solution
- Navigating between pages
- Screen layouts and controls in Xamarin.Forms
- Data binding
- Adding style to a control
- Using a Xamarin.Essentials package
- Embedding native controls in your shared forms
- Writing custom renderers
Skill Level Beginner
Xamarin Development: Authentication and Identitywith Matt Milner1h 32m Intermediate
What you should know1m 21s
2. Layout and Controls
3. Native Platform Integration
4. Native Controls and Renderers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.