The Snackbar shows an application message to the user. Look at how one can be added.
- [Instructor] One of the new widgets in material design…is the snack bar.…The snack bar is very similar in appearance…to the toast message…but it has a different purpose.…In our app, we can see when we add an activity and save it…we can see that we have a status come up…that the activity was added…and there is an undo message that shows up…where we can react to it.…If I add a new activity…and we'll set the duration down to 15 seconds…and save it, and undo it…we can see there is no 15 second activity…that just got added to the list.…We'll do that one more time, set one up to 120, save…undo, no activity with 120 on the list.…
You can find the snack bar…in the Xamarin Android Support Design Nougat package.…In the supplements folder for this chapter…you will find new versions of AddActivity.cs…and MainActivity.cs.…Replace the versions in your solution…with these, as they have been modified…to allow new activities to be added to the list.…In your supplements folder for this chapter…you will find new versions of AddActivity and MainActivity.…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.