Learn when to use a floating action button, how to add it to your application and react to user interaction.
- [Instructor] The floating action button…is a material design concept to create a primary action…for a form and draw the user's eye to it.…By default, it will be colored by…the accent color in our scheme.…We are going to use one in our application…to have a way to create a new activity.…The floating action button can be found…in the Xamarin Android Support and Design Package.…I'm going to add one to our solution…by right-clicking on Packages, selecting Add Packages,…and typing in Xamarin Android Support Design.…
And here it is.…And I'll select Add Package.…I'll accept the license that comes up.…Now, if we look under the Packages folder,…we'll see that also brought in the RecyclerView.…We'll need this in a later part of our application.…Since the floating action button has an elevation…and shadows, we need to make sure 2D hardware acceleration…is turned on to draw the shadows…on Lollipop and above devices.…2D hardware acceleration is turned on by default…if our minimum API version is 14 or above.…
Since ours is set lower, we have to turn it on manually.…
- Breaking down a material design layout
- Adding AppCompat
- Adding icons and floating action buttons
- Animating the appearance
- Creating a RecyclerView
- Creating a ViewHolder
- Modifying the adapter
- Adding CardView
- Adding transition animations
- Adding a Snackbar
- Working with CoordinatorLayout
Skill Level Intermediate
F# and Xamarin Development Basicswith Rachel Blasucci56m 43s Intermediate
1. What Is Android Material Design?
2. Implementing Material Design
3. Floating Action Button
View state change animations4m 17s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.