- [Instructor] XSLT and CSS are not mutually exclusive.…You can use both in your projects,…and we'll see how to do that in this example.…So let's open up the files from the previous example,…simpletransform.xml…and simpletransform.xslt.…Let's also open up simpletransform.css.…And you'll see here in the CSS file,…I'm defining some stylesheets for the body,…the h1 tag, and the image in the document.…And we'll see the results of this in just a moment.…So in the XSL stylesheet,…let's add a link to the CSS stylesheet,…to the HTML part of the template.…
So I'll do that here in the head,…and I'll write link.…And the href is going to be…simpletransform.css.…All right, so let's save that.…So now, when we run the XML transformation…and use this stylesheet,…the CSS stylesheet will be included in the output…because it's being included in the resulting HTML.…
So let's bring this up in Firefox.…Here we go.…Once again, I've got to fix that error that I put in here.…There we go, save.…And let's refresh.…And now you can see that the styles…
- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.