- What is XML?
- Advantages and drawbacks of XML
- Proper XML syntax
- Working with XML namespaces
- Styling XML tags
- Discovering and creating document content
- Manipulating XML content using XPath and XSLT
- Document type definitions and XML schema
Skill Level Beginner
- [Joe] Hi, I'm Joe Marini, and I'd like to welcome you to XML Essential Training. XML has become a widely-used standard for storing and exchanging information on the Internet and for building mobile applications. Knowing how to work with XML has become a core skill that every developer needs to have. In this course we'll start off by learning about what XML is and does and some of its advantages and drawbacks. Then we'll see how to create and style XML content using a variety of approaches such as CSS and using the browser's DOM.
We'll investigate complementary XML technologies like XPATH and XSLT and see how they can be used to manipulate XML content. Finally, we'll see how to use document type definitions and XML Schema to help ensure that your XML data is error-free. Whether it's working behind the scenes of publishing blogs, distributing data over the Web, or bridging the gaps between separate computer systems, XML is a foundational technology that every developer needs to know. Let's get started with XML Essential Training.
1. Getting Started
2. XML Overview
3. Working with XML
4. Manipulating XML with the DOM
5. XML and XPath
6. XML and XSLT
7. XSLT Examples
8. Document Type Definitions
9. XML Schema
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.